A snapshot of your 10 Day Culinary Journey to La Belle France!
Escape and join our small group Journey through France to Paris, Reims, Lyon and Nice for a 10 day tour of cooking, culture and meeting French foodies. This tour will immerse you in the French way of life in a way that you could not get from any other tour. There will be some cultural diversions from food as well as some free time for you to chill out or do your own thing. Accommodation, transit once the tour commences and at least 2 meals per day are included.
- Days 1 and 2 - We start in Paris and meet with local chefs to gather produce in the local markets, learn how to cook French food and desserts. We dine on what we have made. In the evening we have a private food and wine lesson.
- Day 3 - We have a private food and wine lesson and then a day to Riems to champagne houses and the Cathedral de Reims to dine and taste “stars”.
- Day 4 - We take tours through hidden gems in Paris such as the Latin Quarter and Montmartre looking and tasting in a pâtisserie, a butcher with charcuterie, an olive oil merchant of note and a fromagerie (lots of lovely cheese).
- Day 5 - We visit the Lido Cabaret where we will enjoy the famous show and enjoy dinner with Champagne – you can never have enough Champagne especially in Paris!
- Day 6 - We travel on the TGV train to Lyon for a tour through the famous train tunnel where the French cheeses of Hervé MONS* are matured. We take a guided tour of Les Halle de Paul Bocuse and later visit - either the Pastry of "Bernachon" or the Guigal Vineyard in Ampuisto to taste "Cotes Roties" (Côte du Rhône) wines. We have a private cooking class with the produce collected from Les Halle and dine with our chef and his wife.
- Day 7 - We travel on the TGV along the French Riviera, to Nice. We have another cooking class and stroll along the edge of the Mediterranean on the Promenade des Anglais and visit the Cours Salaya for coffee.
- Day 8 - We are whisked away on our own "French Riviera Tour". We visit Cannes, Antibes, the Bay of Angels, Saint-Paul de Vence for lunch and some art, to the ancient town of Eze for shopping and a visit to the perfume factory.
- Day 9 - We travel into the Principality of Monaco, to Monte Carlo. We visit the cathedral where Grace Kelly was married, the course used for the Formula One Grand Prix, and the famous Casino to linger, to drink champagne.
- Day 10 - We bid farewell until next time - au revoir.